RABBIT is currently accepting submissions of non-fiction poems (or suites of poems) for Issue 17: The GEOGRAPHY Issue.
Send 1 to 3 poems to: email@example.com
Please include on the first page of your submission:
• full contact details (postal address, email)
• 50-word bio
• a short (50-word max.) response to the following question: ‘how do you navigate poetic geographies?’.
SUBMISSIONS CLOSE FRIDAY 7TH AUGUST 2015
SUBMISSIONS EXTENDED TO FRIDAY 21ST AUGUST!
… so hop to it, Rabbiteers!
You are warmly invited to the next bumper RABBIT poetry journal launch.
We will be launching two ‘biography’ themed issues of RABBIT (15 & 16) which feature:
* poems by: Stuart Barnes, Kent MacCarter, Shari Kocher, Maureen Gibbons, Carmine Frascarelli, Chloë Callistemon, Melody Paloma, Karen Zelas, Vanessa Page, Bella Li, Elizabeth Allen, Will Slocombe, Helen Rickerby, Philip Gross, Ian Gibbins, Kate Middleton and many more.
* interviews with Julie Chevalier and Alan Jude Moore
* essays by Amarlie Foster, Dave Drayton and Diana Hamilton
* reviews by RD Wood, Melinda Bufton, Liam Ferney, Josh Mei-Ling Dubrau
* watercolour artworks by Sierra McManus
We are also excited to be launching pick up half under by Geraldine Burrowes as No. 3 in the Rabbit Poets Series, as part of this bumper event.
Join the Facebook event to make sure you stay up to date with the event info.
Issue 15 is currently in the final stages of production and Issue 16 is not far behind.
These two issues form a double-volume set, both themed ‘BIOGRAPHY’.
The launch date is TBA but should be around the end of June.
In the meantime, copies of the bumper-sized Issue 14 (‘Deviations’, guest edited by Stuart Cooke) are available in the S(HOP) to tide you over.
(Info about Issue 17 submissions will be announced soon, we promise!)
Hello all, we’re in the process of trying to build up our online presence a little more, so you can find out important Rabbit news as it happens!
The website will be updated more regularly, with details of upcoming releases and info about submissions. All new info will be here on the HOLLOW (B)LOG so make sure you stay in touch. (Credit to The Whitlams for the blog title.)
A Twitter account will also materialise in the coming days and weeks.
And as always, our Facebook page needs more bunnies to click ‘Like’. Click here or just search for Rabbit Poetry.
(Rabbit Reviews Editor and Website Robot)
Invitation to Rabbit: a journal for non-fiction poetry launch
Issue # 11: The L O N G P O E M Issue
featuring long poems by:
Petra White, Alex Skovron, Louisa Howerow, Maurice McNamara, John Tranter, Geoff Page, Amy Brown, Felicity Plunkett, A.J. Carruthers, π.o., Joshua Comyn, Stuart Cooke, Autumn Royal, Helen Rickerby and Roderick Marsh
as well as:
an essay by author of Ephemeral Waters, Kate Middleton
artworks by Rob Conlon
reviews of new poetry books
and our writers name their favourite long poems
When: Wednesday March 5th, 6pm-8pm
Where: Collected Works Bookshop
Level 1/37 Swanston St (Nicholas Building) Melbourne
What: free poetry readings, wine and nibbles
Entry is free; copies of Rabbit $15