Rabbit: a journal for nonfiction poetry and Wollongong Art Gallery invite you to the launch of phosphene by Tamryn Bennett (No. 4 in the Rabbit Poets Series) to be launched by Johanna Featherstone, founder of The Red Room Company.
Readings by artists and friends 2pm, Saturday 7 May at Wollongong Art Gallery.
Refreshments available, all welcome.
Bonny Cassidy writes of phosphene: “This passage of poems treads lightly: a careless reader could fail to hear the dread of history and myth, which are embedded in the sensitive sands of Bennett’s phrases. In the twist of a moment she flings the sacred into dust, or a bullet into mystic continuum. The poems’ Spanish translation is similarly entwined—an echo reading, or a haunting.”
The phosphene exhibition is a collaborative installation of image, word, performance and sound. Jacqueline Cavallaro, Tamryn Bennett, Tamara Elkins and Memo Batiz explore physical and spiritual connections with nature.
For more of Tamryn’s work, visit her website.
Hi everyone, just a note to let you know that RABBIT issue 17, the GEOGRAPHY issue, is now available for purchase in the shop!
Launch date is still TBA, as we’re waiting to get #18 back from the printers for a double launch.
In the meantime, get the latest non-fiction poetry for $17 (or $24 for international buyers), delivered straight to your mailbox.
Click here to buy #17 or any of our recent back issues.
You are warmly invited to the next bumper RABBIT poetry journal launch.
We will be launching two ‘biography’ themed issues of RABBIT (15 & 16) which feature:
* poems by: Stuart Barnes, Kent MacCarter, Shari Kocher, Maureen Gibbons, Carmine Frascarelli, Chloë Callistemon, Melody Paloma, Karen Zelas, Vanessa Page, Bella Li, Elizabeth Allen, Will Slocombe, Helen Rickerby, Philip Gross, Ian Gibbins, Kate Middleton and many more.
* interviews with Julie Chevalier and Alan Jude Moore
* essays by Amarlie Foster, Dave Drayton and Diana Hamilton
* reviews by RD Wood, Melinda Bufton, Liam Ferney, Josh Mei-Ling Dubrau
* watercolour artworks by Sierra McManus
We are also excited to be launching pick up half under by Geraldine Burrowes as No. 3 in the Rabbit Poets Series, as part of this bumper event.
Join the Facebook event to make sure you stay up to date with the event info.